For transferring calls to users or departments you can use both the Ringio Desktop App or Star Power:
1. Transferring a call using Ringio Desktop App:
While on a call, you can click on 'Transfer' button and transfer the call to a user, department, or an external number.
If you want to transfer a call to another number that is not a contact, you can add that contact on the fly while you are on the phone. To add a new contact click the '+' button near the top right corner of your application. Give your contact a name and then click save at the bottom of the pane.
2. Transferring a call using Star Power:
During a call that is going through Ringio (inbound or outbound) users can now press the star (*) key on their phone's keypad and the caller will be put on hold.
- Press star again to unhold the caller
- Enter an extension followed by the pound (#) key to transfer to another user (you will need to enable extensions in the "Users" screen of the administration website)
- Enter a 10 digit number followed by the pound (#) key to transfer to an external phone number.
- Enter a department number followed by the pound (#) key to transfer to a department.