This is a step-by-step guide to downloading and installing the latest version of Ringio Desktop Application.
1. Go to admin.ringio.com
2. Click on Install Ringio Desktop App button and follow the instructions:
Once in the download page, click on the Open button. On most computers, this is followed by a small delay, and then your computer should invoke the Adobe AIR Installer. Ringio uses Adobe AIR to function, and it is perfectly OK to continue at this point:
If you're running some versions of Windows, you may get a security dialog asking you if you want to install an application. Proceed with "Yes".
3. Click on Install button.
4. Click on Continue button.
On Mac, if you get this message ('Ringio' is an application downloaded from ...) click on 'Open'
5. Login with you username (email address you have with Ringio) and your Ringio password.
1. If you are running Windows, the antivirus (e.g.,McAfee) might not allow you to download/install Ringio Desktop App. In this case, you need to temporarily disable the antivirus and start from step 1.
(Ringio Desktop will communicate via TCP sockets on ports 5222, 5223, 5269 and 5298)
2. We have encountered 0.5 to 1% of users who cannot install Ringio automatically. A symptom that this may be happening to you is when you click on the Install button of the Ringio Desktop download page, and it either states "Please wait while the application installs" and nothing happens or simply nothing happens at all.
To perform a manual installation:
- Check that your computer meets the minimum install requirements
- It is highly recommended to have:
- 4GB of RAM
- 2.33GHz CPU
- For comparison, this refurbished $1000 Macbook Air has the same benchmark as the $600 Lenovo.