We have encountered 0.5 to 1% of users who cannot install Ringio automatically. A symptom that this may be happening to you is that when you click on the Install button of the Ringio Desktop download page either it states "Please wait while the application installs" and nothing happens or simply nothing happens at all.
To perform a manual installation:
- Check that your computer meets the minimum install requirements
- If you run Antivirus or Firewall software, disable it temporarily. (Ringio Desktop will communicate via TCP sockets on ports 5222, 5223, 5269 and 5298)
- Download and install Adobe AIR. If you encounter problems installing AIR, check out their AIR troubleshooting page.
- Download the Ringio Desktop .air install file
- Find the file on your computer downloads folder. If the file is named "Ringio.air" simply double click on it and it should launch the Adobe AIR installer. If the file is named "Ringio.air.zip" or "Ringio.zip" then rename it to "Ringio.air" and then double click on it to launch the installer. If your computer has automatically decompressed the file into a "Ringio" folder, you will need to disable auto-decompress and redownload again.
- From here on, follow the Adobe AIR installation steps.