This feature is useful for your company for quality assurance, compliance and training purposes. Questions on specifics of how recording works? See FAQ at the bottom of this page or here for instructions on recording with the Ringio app.
- With Call Recording, Ringio securely stores audio of recorded phone calls, and makes them available for review. Your recordings are accessible directly from the Ringio application, and you may request archived recordings as well for no additional cost beyond the flat pricing.
- A user can manually initiate/stop the recording of an inbound or outgoing call directly through the Ringio application (if this option is enabled:Let the user select which calls get recorded during the call).
- Playback of the call recording is available via the Ringio application; you can also copy the web-link to share the recording.
- You can automatically start the recording of inbound company calls and/or personal calls and all outgoing calls. You can choose whether the system will play a disclosure message to the caller or not.
- Outbound calls can also be recorded if you let the user start the recording, and they press the record button during the call.
- Users may turn off the call recording disclosure. Users of Ringio’s call recording features must understand and comply with all applicable laws which govern surveillance of electronic communications, eavesdropping, and the like. Failure to follow these laws may lead to civil or even criminal liability. See here for a summary of call recording laws.
How to set up Call Recording
Step 2. You will see a confirmation screen highlighting the changes in pricing. The example shown is for an account on Basic Plan with 2 users (cost for single user account is also the same). Click I agree.
Step 3. Call Recording is now enabled and you have several choices:
Let the user select which calls get recorded during the call
Selecting this option allows a user to manually start or stop recording a live conversation.
Automatically start recording all incoming company calls
Selecting this option automatically records all incoming company calls. If you also let the user select which calls get recorded, they will have a record button in the Ringio application that they can click on to start/stop recordings during a live call.
Automatically start recording all incoming personal callsSelecting this option automatically records all incoming personal calls. If you also let the user select which calls get recorded, they will have a record button in the Ringio application that they can click on to start/stop recordings during a live call.
Automatically start recording all outgoing calls
Selecting this option automatically records all outgoing calls. If you also let the user select which calls get recorded, they will have a record button in the Ringio application that they can click on to start/stop recordings during a live call.
Click Save on bottom right corner of the page when you are done.
Unsubscribe from call recording premium feature
Call recording can be disabled by you (the administrator) at any time. When you unsubscribe from the call recording feature, the call recording settings will become unavailable in the Ringio app and phone calls will cease to be recorded.
The audio files will remain on our servers as long as your account remains an active Ringio Account. If in the future you re-enable call recording, you will regain have access to your old files.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: If I were to select the option to let the user select which calls get recorded during the call... does the recording start from the moment one clicks the record button or by clicking the record button does it also include from the beginning of the call.
A: The recording starts from the moment one clicks the record button. The recording will automatically start from the beginning of the call if you set the automatic start recording all incoming company or personal calls to on.
Q: In other words does it work like the PVR for my TV where all incoming calls are automatically recorded however only the ones where one clicks the record button are saved... or is recording only initiated from the moment one clicks on the record button (so anything said previously is not recorded).
A: You can choose either option.
If all incoming calls are automatically recorded is set to on, then all calls are recorded (you can give the user the option to turn off the recording).
If all incoming calls are automatically recorded is set to off, then recording is only initiated when one clicks the record button (and anything before is not recorded).
Q: Does the system alert the caller that the call is being recorded?
A: Yes. If incoming calls are automatically recorded, a caller will hear "this call may be recorded" following the greetings, immediately before the call is transferred to a user. The call recording disclosure can be turned off.
If incoming calls are not automatically recorded, a caller hears the greetings as normal. When the user presses record, both parties hear "this call is now being recorded". If the user presses record again to stop recording on the same live call, both parties will hear "call recording off".
Q: I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I signed up for call recording today. We are all using the desktop application. None of us have the "recording" button on our screen.
A: The call recording button will show up when you are on a phone call in the Ringio application.