The "Snowshoe" release, marked v1.11 in the Ringio Desktop and Ringio Mobile software was made available to production customers on 12/22/2011.
Major New Features
- If you have access to and communicate regularly with a large number of small businesses, we encourage you consider our recently launched Affiliate, Reseller & White Label Programs. You have several options: to sign up as an affiliate send prospects to our website an receive commissions when your referrals become paying Ringio subscribers or become a reseller. Questions? Write us.
Developer API v1.1
- Contains new filtering parameters for the Contacts feed, which can be found here.
- Format of dates are now ISO, E.g.: "date_created": "2010-05-10T00:00:00.000Z",
- Complete list of Developer API changes can be found here
- When a user signs into the Ringio software for the very first time, they will see a 60 second getting started video that shows them how to start making outgoing calls. Learn by watching! Check out the support forum http://support.ringio.com/ for more getting started videos.
- Now, it's possible to transfer calls to an external phone number directly by simply typing in the external phone number (instead of having to create a contact).
- You can now delete a personal voicemail through the Ringio application. Once you delete a voicemail, it's gone for good. Ringio will still show a record that you received a voicemail with the date and time. Team voicemails cannot be deleted.
- We improved the voice quality of voicemail audio files. Voicemails now sound cleaner, crisper without the breathy or echo sounds.
- (Existing customers only) The user addition process has been simplified. You no longer have to invite a user to grant them access to the Ringio software.
- We improved the usability of Mute and Hold while you are on a Ringio call and removed some one-way audio/dropped call issues.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Better contact matching - sometimes a second number saved for a contact won't match a caller or a caller would be greeted with the wrong name. Now Ringio correctly matches all of the phone numbers associated with a contact.
- Google Contact Sync now has improved reliability and stability. We fixed the following bugs:
- Extra phone number exists when user edits phone number
- Ringio desktop phone number is not same as Google after a user deletes a number from Ringio desktop
- Extra data appears in Google after sync when user edits Email/IM/Website/Address from Ringio desktop
- Duplicate and incorrect address when syncing from Ringio to Google
- Some cases where notes didn't sync from Google to Ringio
- Sometimes couldn't delete business name/title in Google contacts after sync from Ringio desktop
- Custom greetings now work even when all the departments are removed.
- Improved navigation after saving a note.
- We fixed an issue where sometimes a person could not open some Ringio Desktop windows when already on a live Ringio call.