We are very pleased to announce our much anticipated the Fall 2011 Release, codename "Blue Ridge" on 9/21/2011 and to be sharing the following new features and improvements with you. Lots of you have been eagerly waiting for some of the features in this release (especially the new, smooth outbound calling process), and we want to thank each one of you for your continued support, feedback and patience - you know who you are ;) - and hope that you are as excited about using these cool features on a daily basis as we are working on them, night and day!
Jon and The Ringio Team
Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the changes introduced in this release. You will notice you are on Blue Ridge if your Ringio software indicates v1.10 in the log in screens.
Recorded Webinar covering the major features
Major new features
Outbound Calling Enhancements
Currently, if you make an outgoing call using the Ringio software, there is a slight chance that the contact you're calling will hear their phone ring first, before you hear your phone ring. When they pick up, they hear something like "Sam is trying to call you... just a moment".
After Wednesday, this will no longer happen. Ringio will always calls you first, and it will only start dialing the other party after you pick up your phone. As a result, you will notice that:
- The beep sound you hear when you are connected with the other person is removed.
- The calls connect much smoother and the initial audio delay from picking up the phone and the time when the audio starts between the callers is removed.
Call Transfer Interface Made Simpler
Currently, transferring a call requires numerous clicks. After Wednesday, all you have to do is click on the transfer button and type in the name or number of an existing contact while you are on the phone and you can transfer the call with a single click.
New After Hours behavior
Currently, if you have specified hours during which your business is closed, during that time callers will hear "Thanks for calling. Our office is now closed".
After Wednesday, they will hear all the options in your main menu, or your custom greeting if you have one, and then, if they select a department and the department or the business is closed, they will hear the "not available" options to leave a voicemail or request a callback.
Salesforce.com and many other CRM integrations through OneSaas plugin
OneSaas is a powerful Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud integration platform designed to solve the challenges of integrating separate Cloud-based or On-Site software solutions. With OneSaas, you can effortlessly manage all of your contacts and synchronize your Ringio call data to your contacts in Highrise, Google, Salesforce, and many more.
OneSaas allows you to:
- Manage all of your contacts with a single set of log-in credentials.
- Control what information (such as contact details and notes) gets synced, and the direction the data is read or pushed to and from your CRM.
- Trigger a manual synchronization request.
- View status information about a sync, such as how many contacts, notes and rings were added and updated.
Visit this link for more information on how to enable the OneSaas plugin with Ringio.
Note Taking Enhancements
From the Ringio Desktop software, you can now edit notes for new or existing contacts without disruption when a new call comes in, or when you click on other contacts. The note-taking field tells you exactly which contact you are editing notes for so you can enter notes at your own pace.
- You can now edit a note before, during and after a call and the note will always be saved.
- The note-taking interface tells you who you're editing the note for.
- You can still continue editing a note even if you click on other contacts. Note taking for higher-volume departments works like a charm. You can now also add a note for an unidentified contact.
- You can now click on a playing voicemail and skip to fast forward or rewind to a prior point without having to listen to the entire voicemail and replaying it over and over.
- The Ring List in the Ringio Desktop software now updates more smoothly without forcing a refresh of the existing list when a new Ring comes in.
- The Ringio software now shows weblinks with CRM profiles of your callers.
- If you disconnect your Google account from your Ringio account, you can now delete the Google contacts from Ringio and keep the Ringio account clean and tidy.
- You can now edit the details of a contact while talking to that contact, and the changes are reflected immediately.
- In your All, Missed, Callback and Voicemail tabs, if you have more than 15 calls in the Ring History, there is a now a "More..." button. When you click on the More button, it will load an additional set of Rings in the Ring History and continue to be visible for you to click on until your entire Ring history is displayed.
- In the Ringio Desktop software wherever you see an email underlined, if you click it it will open your default mail client and compose a new email to that contact.
- Ringio now spends more time trying an outgoing call before giving up and directing the call to voicemail.
- Sorting in the Contact list has been refined.
- There is now a new way to look at your contact list, "All by Group" has been added. It displays your Coworkers first, then your VIP contacts, then the rest of your contacts.
Notable Bug fixes
- Fixed the issues where Ringio sometimes doesn't call your phone after you accept it.
- Ringio Admin dashboard is now supported on Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
- We removed the confusing greyed out Transfer button from department screen pops
- You can now Quit Ringio Desktop on a Mac by pressing CMD-Q or by going to the "Ringio" Menu and selecting Quit
- You can now use Ringio without explicitly creating any departments. Ringio will route all calls to all users in a round robin way by default even without departments set up.