In July 2015, the Federal Communications Commission issued a Declaratory Ruling clarifying how they would consider whether a marketer complies with the TCPA law when making calls.
This is a summary for non-lawyers prepared by a non-lawyer.
- System must dial one person at a time, and not more
- System must not allow user to abandon more than 3% of all calls
- System must handle busy, disconnected or no answer calls with brief intervention from the rep
- The rep is actively involved before initiating every call
- Triple line dialing
- Predictive dialing
- Dialers that hang up on answered calls
- Any dialing platform that can dial thousands of numbers quickly
Ring.io's List Dialer is not an auto-dialer and is designed to comply with the FCC TCPA ruling.
For more detail on the ruling please see this excellent summary prepared by the law firm Allen, Mitchell & Allen